What is a Registered Dietitian?
Registered Dietitians (RD or RDN) are food and nutrition experts who specialize in various health conditions and follow an evidence-based scientific approach to medical nutrition therapy. All Registered Dietitians have met the rigorous criteria to earn the RD or RDN (Registered Dietitian or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist) credential. You can learn more about the credential process here.
Why should I see a Registered Dietitian?
- Registered Dietitians are trained to provide realistic nutrition advice and counseling about diet, food and nutrition.
- Registered Dietitians are trained to provide evidence-based nutrition information on specific health conditions (heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc).
- Registered Dietitians can help you make healthy food choices.
- Registered Dietitians can separate nutrition facts from fiction.
- Registered Dietitians can help you reach your health and wellness goals long term.
- Registered Dietitians can help you navigate the grocery store and plan healthy meals.
- Most Registered Dietitians see clients both in person and virtually, working with your schedule.
Where can I find a Registered Dietitian?
General Health and Wellness
Owner of Wholesome Endeavors.